Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Humberstone School No. 982 (RM of Pipestone)

The Humberstone School District was organized formally in October 1898 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SW4-8-26W in the Rural Municipality of Pipestone. In 1920, when the Pipestone Consolidated School District was formed, this district was dissolved.

The teachers of Humberstone School were Miss McLaren, Mr. Grant, C. K. Newcombe, Miss Clarke, Miss Townsley, and Miss Acres.

Humberstone School No. 982

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.62154, W100.96234
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

Trails Along the Pipestone by Pipestone History Project, c1981, page 261. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.P56 Tra]

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 26 April 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.