The Hullett School District was established formally in May 1892, named by local settlers from Hullett County in Ontario. A school building was erected at SW28-3-16W in what is now the Rural Municipality of Killarney-Turtle Mountain. It closed in 1967, the remaining students going to Killarney School No. 252, and the district was dissolved in 1968. The school building is no longer on the site but a metal sign commemorates it.
Among the teachers of Hullett School were Lilian Beynon and Elaine Dagg (1967).
Hullett School commemorative sign (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.23760, W99.58509
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Reflections: Turtle Mountain Municipality and Killarney, 1882-1982, page 109.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 30 January 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!