Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church (Komarno, RM of Rockwood)

A Ukrainian Catholic church in Komarno, in the Rural Municipality of Rockwood, was purchased in 1914 from a Roman Catholic congregation and altered according to the Ukrainian Catholic Rite. The second church was built on the same site in 1961. An associated cemetery is situated two miles to the northwest.

Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church

Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church (June 2015)
Source: George Penner

Interior of the Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church

Interior of the Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church (September 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.50611, W97.25344
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery / Komarno Settlement Monument (RM of Armstrong)

Sources:

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 15 May 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.