Historic Sites of Manitoba: Gleneden School No. 1465 (Municipality of Roblin)
The Gleneden School District was organized formally in July 1908 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at the northwest corner of SW34-27-28W in what is now the Municipality of Roblin. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its catchment area became part of the Goose Lake Consolidated School District and later the Intermountain School Division.
Among the teachers of Gleneden School was A. E. N. Carnochan (1962-1964).
School District Formation Files [Gleneden School District No. 1465], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer and Edith Burnside for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 July 2016
Back to top of page