Historic Sites of Manitoba: Emerado School No. 1237 (Municipality of Emerson-Franklin)
The Emerado School District was organized formally in May 1903 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE13-1-3E in what is now the Municipality of Emerson-Franklin. The district was dissolved in 1958 and its catchment area became part of the Ridgeville Consolidated School District.
Among the teachers of Emerado School were H. Becker (1905-1909, 1912-c1913), Aug. Neumann (1910-1911), W. Pomerenke (1913), [Mr.?/Ms?] Kugler (1913-1914), Helena Siemens (1914-1916), Hei.[?] Cramer (1916), P. Schalenberg (1917), ? (1917-1919), W. M. “Will” Pomerenke (1919-1920), ? (1920-1921), C. Adams (1921), ? (1921-1928), Maude Barbara Burdett (1928-1929), Alice Irene Moir (1929-1933), Jennie S. Forrester (1933), Frances Mary Batten (1933-1934), John Norman Harder (1934-1938), Arthur Abram Harder (1938-1941), A. Ratchinsky (1941-1942), Jacob D. Pauls (1942), A. A. Allegeart (1943), S. Ratchinsky (1943-1944), ? (1944-1946), Mrs. S. Loeb (1946-1947), ? (1947-1950), Irene Rosabel Ratschinsky (1950-1951), John Bueckert (1951-1952), Lyall Raymond Badgley (1952-1953), Anne Mary Dykun (1953-1954), Eileen L. Robilliard (1954), Simone Forest (1955), and Ethel Irene Treichel (1955-1958).
School District Formation Files [Emerado School District No. 1237], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.
Manitoba School Records Collection, Emerado School District No. 1237 - Daily Registers, GR2088, Archives of Manitoba.
Manitoba School Records Collection, Emerado School No. 1237 - Cash Book, GR2088, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Page revised: 18 May 2019
Back to top of page