Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ellice School No. 463 (RM of Ellice-Archie)
The Ellice School District was established in July 1885 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NW2-17-28W in what is now the Rural Municipality of Ellice-Archie. It 1959, was consolidated along with Decorby School District No. 846 to form St. Lazare Consolidated School District.
Among the teachers of Ellice School was Lois M. Falloon.
Birtle East topographic map, 62K/6 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 19 April 2018
Back to top of page