Built around 1910, the stately Dow House on Mill Road in Boissevain, a municipally-designated historic site (1995), is a large and finely detailed red brick dwelling of four-square design, with a well-conceived verandah and strong roof line. The well-known Boissevain landmark housed the prominent George Dow family for over 80 years, including businessman Edward Dow, also the town’s Mayor (1946-1968) and a provincial politician.
Memorable Manitobans: Edward Ingo Dow (1904-1992)
Memorable Manitobans: George Edward Dow (1929-2011)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Dow House, 721 Mill Road, Boissevain, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and George Penner.
Page revised: 24 January 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.