Historic Sites of Manitoba: Delton School No. 188 (RM of Oakland)
The Delton School District was established formally in October 1884 and a school building was erected on the southwest corner of 21-8-18 west of the Principal Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of Oakland. It was dissolved in August 1967. The building is no longer on the site but a fieldstone monument commemorates it.
Among the teachers of Delton School was Elizabeth Maude Bain Ilott (1943-1944).
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Manitoba Permit Teachers of World War II, compiled by Louisa Loeb, Winnipeg: Hyperion Press Ltd., 2007.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 7 August 2015
Back to top of page