The DeLamenais School District was organized formally in June 1915 and a school building was erected on the southeast quarter of 19-24-14 west of the Principal Meridian in the Rural Municipality of Ste. Rose. The district was dissolved in 1965 and the building was renovated into a private residence. The remaining students went to Ste. Rose du Lac Consolidated School No. 835.
DeLamenais School building and two-room teacherage at left (circa 1917)
Source: Education Department Report, 1917, Manitoba Legislative Library.
DeLamenais School and teacherage (no date) by H. J. Everall
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 37.
The former DeLamenais School building (May 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N51.08336, W99.40702
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
A Study of Public School Buildings in Manitoba by David Butterfield, Historic Resources Branch, Manitoba Department of Culture, Heritage and Tourism, 1994, 230 pages.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 13 May 2013
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.