Historic Sites of Manitoba: Paterson Grain Elevator (Dacotah, RM of Cartier)
A wooden grain elevator and annex at Dacotah, on the CNR Gladstone Subdivision in the Rural Municipality of Cartier, was operated by the Paterson Grain Company. Part of it was built in 1957 while other part, constructed in 1917, was moved to the site from Cabot a few kilometres away in 1971. The entire facility was demolished in August 2003.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Maps
Treasures of Time: The Rural Municipality of Cartier, 1914-1984, Elie: RM of Cartier, page 49.
“Goodbye to an old friend,” Winnipeg Free Press, 13 August 2003, page 20.
Digital orthophotographs, Manitoba Land Initiative, Government of Manitoba.
We thank Charles Fossay and Paul Newsome (The Vintage Locomotive Society) for providing additional information used here.
Page revised: 30 October 2018
Back to top of page