Historic Sites of Manitoba: United Grain Growers Grain Elevator (Coatstone, Municipality of Deloraine-Winchester)
A wooden grain elevator at the siding of Coatstone, on the now-abandoned CNR Wakopa Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of Deloraine-Winchester, was built by United Grain Growers in 1927. It closed due to railway abandonment in July 1961, while still full of grain, and was sold in June 1962. It has since been removed from the site.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Maps
Deloraine West topographic map, 62F/01 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
United Grain Growers Fonds, University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections.
Grain Elevators in Canada, compiled by Board of Grain Commissioners for Canada, Winnipeg, 1912-1930, 1930-1953, 1953-1998 [Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries], 1998-2016 [Canadian Grain Commission].
Burial transcriptions, Manitoba Genealogical Society.
We thank Mike Bass for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 6 April 2019
Back to top of page