The Champlain School District was organized formally in March 1901 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SW22-22-15W in the Rural Municipality of Ste. Rose. The district was dissolved in 1960 and its area became part of the Laurier Consolidated School District.
Champlain School (no date) by H. J. Everall
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-2, page 58.
Site Location (lat/long): N50.91266, W99.48465
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Champlain School (Machray Avenue, Winnipeg)
McCreary West topographic map, 62J/14 West, Edition 1, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 30 March 2014
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.