Clerics | Photos & Coordinates | Sources
This former church building at Altamont, in the Municipality of Lorne, was built around 1903 by Seventh Day Adventists and sold to Anglicans in 1912 and moved to this site. The church was eventually closed and Anglican services were held in the United church. This building is now abandoned.
P. C. Bays
R. L. Taylor
A. L. Davies
G. D. Kelly
F. W. Pierce
J. S. Wilson
J. R. Lee
The former St. Barnabas Anglican Church (July 2018)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.40031, W98.49716
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Altamont United Church (Altamont, Municipality of Lorne)
Memories of Lorne: A History of the Municipality of Lorne by Yvette Brandt, 1980, page 122, 281.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 10 November 2019
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!