This cemetery in the Rural Municipality of West St. Paul includes part of the former Riverside Cemetery. The property was purchased by the Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral of Sts. Vladimir & Olga on 1 March 1920 and remains under the administration of the parish. It occupies 28 acres and contains approximately 10,000 graves.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Sts. Vladimir and Olga Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral and Parish Hall (115 McGregor Street, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Glen Eden Memorial Garden / Riverside Cemetery (4477 Main Street, RM of West St. Paul)
A list of burials in this cemetery is available from the Manitoba Genealogical Society, including a searchable online database available to members at the MGS Manitoba Name Index (MANI). Some additional information is contained in the 1996 MGS publication Carved in Stone: Manitoba Cemeteries and Burial Sites, revised edition, Special Projects Publication, 106 pages.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough, George Penner, and Rose Kuzina.
Page revised: 2 July 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.