Manitoba Organization: Fort Garry School Division No. 5
The Fort Garry School Division was created on 1 April 1959 by an order of the Manitoba Minister of Education, acting on a recommendation of the MacFarlane Commission on Education and the School Divisions Boundaries Commission. It became responsible for all secondary education, grades 9 to 12, within the area of the former Fort Garry Municipal School District No. 2361.
Fort Garry School Division later became part of the Pembina Trails School Division.
Report of the School Divisions Boundaries Commission, 13 January 1959, Manitoba Legislative Library, SpR 1958 Education.
Announcement, Fort Garry School Division, Winnipeg Free Press, 17 January 1998, page 32.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 February 2020Back to top of page