Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Manitoba Organization: Concordia Club

Several organizations with this name have existed through Winnipeg's history. The earliest known iteration was an organization for Jewish business and professional men that was disbanded in early 1921. In May 1928, a liked-named organization was established with the objective to bring “girls from other lands and associating them with Canadian young womanhood.” It continued until at least 1930. However, by 1937, it was a private social club for men with facilities on Portage Avenue.

Board

Henry Gerald Wade (1875-1953)

Sources:

“Concordia Club is donated to Y.M.H.A.,” Winnipeg Tribune, 22 March 1921, page 7.

“Clubs,” Winnipeg Tribune, 12 May 1928, page 11.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 7 June 2019

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.