Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 139 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop


Manitoba
History

No. 87


War
Memorials
in Manitoba


This Old
Elevator


Abandoned
Manitoba


Memorable
Manitobans


Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Manitoba Communities: Waldersee (Unincorporated Village, Municipality of Glenella-Lansdowne)

Link to:

A post office in this area opened in 1908, named for Count Waldersee of Germany (1832-1904) who commanded Allied troops during the 1900 Boxer Rebellion in China.

Photos & Maps

Waldersee 1928

Waldersee, looking north from the river bridge, on what is now Highway 260 (May 1928)
Behind the store in the left foreground is the first Christ Lutheran Church, built in 1894.
Source: Adrene Schmidt

Waldersee 1950

Waldersee (1950)
The farmyard in foreground belonged to Fred and Rosalie Schmidt. The store across the road belonged to Jack Single and family, next to which was the manse and barn for the minister of the new Christ Lutheran Church built between 1942 and 1945, across the road from Empey’s Garage.
Source: Adrene Schmidt

Historic Sites

Go here for a list of historic sites in Waldersee.

Sources:

Geographic Names of Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation, 2000.

We thank Adrene Schmidt for providing information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 29 July 2017

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2018 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.