Turtle Mountain Local History Seminar
A day-long local history seminar is being hosted by the Turtle Mountain - Souris Plains Heritage Association (TM-SPHA).
When: Monday, 25 February 2008
When: arrive at 10:00 AM and depart by 3:00 PM
Where: Turtle Mountain Metis Community Centre, Dromore Lake
Take Lake Metigoshe road, #450, south from #3 Highway for 17 km, turn right on Lake Dromore Road and then left to Community Centre.
Coffee, tea and bannock will be served, along with lunch ($10.00).
The seminar features:
- Frank Brown, Chief of Canupawakpa Dakota Nation
- Gord Hill, Archaeologist for Historic Resources Branch
- Steve Racine, President of Turtle Mountain Metis Local
- Bill Cole, President, SW Trails Association for Regional Tourism
And showcasing five local historians:
- Burial Mounds near Melita, Bill Warren
- Billy’s Point on Lake Dromore, Grant Armstrong
- Country Schools (Verona), Don Wickham
- Great Northern Railway, Bill Kentner
- Teaching Local History, Bob Caldwell
The TM-SPHA invites you to attend a brief Annual General Meeting at the conclusion of this seminar.
For more information, call Mary Conway (204-747-2271) or David Neufeld (204-534-2303).
Posted: 14 February 2008
MHS News Archive