Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Dr. Earl A. Levin Archive Launch

When: Monday, 24 March 2008, from 1-2:30
Where: Menno Simons College, Room 213, Second floor, Christine McKee Building, 520 Portage Avenue (across from the University of Winnipeg)

The Institute of Urban Studies at the University of Winnipeg is pleased to announce the acquisition of the personal papers of Dr. Earl A. Levin.

During his long and influential career in city planning, Dr. Levin was the Director of Planning for the Province of Saskatchewan; Director of city planning for Metropolitan Winnipeg; the head of the City Planning program at the Faculty of Architecture at the University of Manitoba; a Senior Fellow at the Institute of Urban Studies at the University of Winnipeg; and the President of the Town Planning Institute of Canada (now the Canadian Institute of Planners). As both a consultant and a public sector planner Earl Levin was involved in some of Winnipeg's most important planning processes, including Neeginan and the Core Area Initiative.

Now Dr. Levin has donated his personal papers to the Institute of Urban Studies. The collection includes over 70 speeches and original articles on a wide range of planning topics, as well as correspondence, planning reports and extensive newspaper and magazine clippings related to local history in Winnipeg.

To thank Dr. Levin for his donation, the Institute of Urban Studies is hosting a reception to launch the archive and make it publicly accessible. The event includes light refreshments and an orientation to the Archive and to the Institute's library.

Please RSVP before 21 March to:

Michael Dudley
Institute of Urban Studies
Email: m.dudley@uwinnipeg.ca
ph: (204) 982-1145
fx: (204) 943-4695

Posted: 12 March 2008

MHS News Archive

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.