Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of any personal information possessed by the Manitoba Historical Society (MHS) is important to us. We pledge to treat your personal information fairly and with respect.
Personal information is any piece of information, either factual or subjective, about an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include the name, title, business address, or telephone number of an employee or officer of any organization.
- Whenever we collect information about you, we will explain how we intended to use it, and will use it only for those purposes. We will obtain your consent if we wish to use your information for other purposes.
- We will seek and confirm your consent in writing to use your personal information at the time of collection or in advance.
- Information will be collected only for specific purposes and by lawful means.
- We will not sell your name from our membership lists or other personal information to third parties under any circumstances without your written consent.
- We will seek to make any personal information about you that we store accurate.
- We will protect your information with appropriate safeguards and security measures, including any computer storage.
- We will give you access to any information we retain about you upon written request and proof of entitlement.
- You may determine when this Code was last updated by referring to the modification date found at the bottom of this page.
Page revised: 26 December 2014
Back to top of page