Fallison

FALLISON - A branch line of the
CPR. was built from Snowflake to
Fallison, a distance of nine miles in 1913, and grain elevator
operations began on May 16, 1914. Mr. John Fallis was an agent for Lake
of the Woods elevators, loading box cars on the track. Wiley Low
erected an elevator in 1920, later selling it to Federal Grain, who a
few years later tore it down and rebuilt it in Snowflake in 1962.
Manitoba Pool built an elevator in 1928. With the abandonment of the
railway in August 1962, this eleva— tor was sold to Warren Fallis and
was destroyed by a fire in 1990.
|



|