The steamboat International was built in 1862 by J. C. & H. C. Burbank. Around 1872, its ownership was transferred to the Red River Transportation Company.
The steamboat International unloads the first group of Mennonite settlers to Manitoba, 1874.
Source: Archives of Manitoba, Transportation - Boat - International 1.
Sketch of the Steamboat International at Upper Fort Garry (circa 1889)
Source: Souvenir of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Toronto News Company, 1889.
Page revised: 13 October 2013
Back to top of page