This two-storey structure in the Armstrong’s Point area of Winnipeg was built in 1882 for David Young. Occupied at one time by W. F. Luxton, it was bought in 1895 by Lendrum McMeans. For a time in the 1970s and 1980s, the house was the French Consulate in Winnipeg.
Memorable Manitobans: David Young (1848-1887)
Historical Tours in Manitoba: A Walking Tour of Armstrong’s Point by Patricia Thomson
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Young House (RM of Victoria)
This page was prepared by George Penner.
Page revised: 20 May 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.