Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 139 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop


Manitoba
History

No. 86


MHS Spring
Field Trip


This Old
Elevator


Abandoned
Manitoba


Memorable
Manitobans


Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Manitoba Communities: Bradwardine (Unincorporated Village, Municipality of Riverdale)

Link to:
Photos & Maps | Historic Sites | Sources

Founded about 1902 by the arrival in the area of Great North West Central Railway (later purchased by the Canadian Pacific Railway), the village of Bradwardine once had a bank, livery stables, hotel, lumber yard, implement dealer, blacksmith, grocery, and other stores. Two fires in the early 1900s, and removal of the railway and school after the Second World War years, led to its rapid decline. Today, all that remains at the site is a concrete bank vault, grain elevator, two or three occupied homes, and several derelict residences. A few additional buildings were moved to the nearby English Museum.

Photos & Maps

Historic Sites

Go here for a list of historic sites in Bradwardine.

Sources:

Bradwardine and District: A Century and More, 1880-2003 by Bradwardine History Book Committee, 2003.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Keith Maitland.

Page revised: 29 July 2017

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2018 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.